With the Thanksgiving holiday quickly approaching and our 2015 season in the books, it seems appropriate to take a look back and highlight some of the many people and events that we're thankful for here at CRCG. Of course, it would be impossible to pay full service to everything we're thankful for, but here are some highlights:
- Andy Hershey- Founder of Coopers Rock Climbing Guides: Andy founded this great organization in 2010 with the vision of sharing his passion for climbing while highlighting the great features of Coopers Rock State Forest. Without his expertise and efforts, we wouldn't be here today.
- Our investors and supporters: At the beginning of 2015, several people stepped up to help us realize the dream of growing CRCG to make climbing more accessible to more people. Thank you to Brian Zubek, John Kujawinski, and Andrew and Mary Zubek. You've really helped a dream come true. Additionally, all of the friends and family who have been so supportive and helpful throughout the last year deserve special recognition. There are too many of you to name, but you know who you are!
- Coopers Rock State Forest: The Forest Service at CRSF has been a critical part of our success by providing us with permission to operate in the forest as well as valuable insights and information. We're very grateful for the relationship with them and their eagerness to help make climbing accessible to everyone in Coopers Rock State Forest.
- Coopers Rock Foundation: We owe a huge debt of gratitude to Coopers Rock Foundation. Their constant work to improve and maintain access to Coopers Rock State Forest is vital to the health of recreation here. We truly believe they're the driving force behind the fact that CRSF is the most visited state forest in West Virginia.
- Cheat Canyon Adventures: Eric and Kaylee at Cheat Canyon Adventures are doing great work as they document and describe the huge variety of recreation opportunities in the Cheat Canyon area. We owe them for referring more than a couple guests who joined us this year and look forward to continuing to work with them.
- OUR CLIENTS!: More than anyone else, we owe our clients for making it possible to pursue our passion here at Coopers Rock Climbing Guides. We're humbled by and grateful for each and every one of you who chose to climb with us. You've truly made dreams into reality by sharing in the fun with us. We'll keep working to provide the best possible experience for you, your friends, and your families!
We'd like to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving and send our sincerest hopes that you have a great time enjoying the company of people most important to you.
P.S. Check back when you're ready to burn off those Holiday calories! We're working on several winter activities to get you out and about until the 2016 climbing season arrives.
--Coopers Rock Climbing Guides