Answers to our most common questions are listed below. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please use the form at the bottom and we'll respond within 24 hours. You can also call us at 844-CLIMB-CR (844-254-6227) for an immediate answer. We're looking forward to hearing from you.
When does the climbing season start and end?
Our climbing season starts on April 16th and ends on October 31st.
Where will I meet my guide?
You will meet your climbing guide or instructor at the "Climbers' Kiosk" at Coopers Rock State Forest. This kiosk is a large bulletin board with climbing related information. It is located at the entrance to the main visitors area in Coopers Rock State Forest.
How do I get there?
Follow Interstate 68 to the Coopers Rock exit 15.
- At the end of the exit ramp, turn right if you were headed east on I68 (or left if you were headed west). Follow this road approximately 3 miles, until the road opens up into a wide gravel parking lot on both sides.
- On your left, at the beginning of the parking lot, you will see the "Climbers' Kiosk". It is a large wooden bulletin board.
- Your instructors will meet you there at the start time for your trip.
- You can also click here for directions.
What should I bring with me?
In order to have the best day possible, we recommend you bring the following:
- Weather appropriate clothing that allows for freedom of movement
Closed toe shoes for hiking the short rocky trails to the climbing sites. Please no sandals, flip flops, etc.
Daypack/backpack for carrying food, drinks, camera, climbing equipment, etc. from site to site
We provide Climbing shoes, harnesses, and helmets
Personal climbing gear may be used by participants but must first be inspected by our guide. Our guide reserves the right to ask that you use our equipment instead.
How old do I need to be to climb?
Anybody 8 or older may participate in any of our activities.
What about the weather?
In the event of a weather cancellation, we will work with you to reschedule your activity for a day/time that's convenient for you.
What am I waiting for?
That's a good question! Go ahead and reserve your trip now - we're excited to climb with you. Or, if you still have questions, you can contact us by using the form below or calling 844-CLIMB-CR (844-254-6227).