Rock Climbing Trips
4-hour adventures designed to challenge, excite, and inspire - all in a rustic canyonside forest.
Perfect for Beginners
Our trips are perfect for beginners and first-time climbers from ages 8 to 80.
flawless safety record
We do the worrying so that you can focus on the fun.
All equipment included
The only things you'll need to bring are yourself, a water source, and a try-hard attitude.
You don't need to be experienced or particularly athletic to try climbing. In fact, the average person can conquer most beginner climbs with nothing more than a little coaching.
Most of our climbers are new or first-time climbers. This experience has made us experts at helping them get the most out of their time on the rock.
- We demonstrate our "Climber's Basics": Climb with your feet, move your hips, and relax your arms.
- We choose routes that are challenging but attainable
- We coach you through your first attempts
- As you gain confidence, we encourage you to solve problems and find your own way
Our guides have a shared passion for introducing new people to Rock Climbing. We're patient and thorough teachers who enjoy watching you challenge yourself and succeed. Time and time again, climbers tell us that they're amazed at what they were able to accomplish. Schedule your trip today and be prepared to impress yourself.
Since opening in 2010, we've guided over a thousand clients at Coopers Rock without any serious climbing injuries.
Because climbing is inherently dangerous, we see our primary job as risk-managers. We go above and beyond to make sure that our guests have the safest experience possible.
- We start with great equipment. Everything we use is made specifically for rock climbing and rated far above the forces it will see on our trips. We inspect our equipment before and after every use.
- We add great people. Our guides are certified, well-trained, and safety-focused.
- We use excellent anchors. We often brag to clients that we could literally hang a car anywhere we hang a climber without a worry that the anchors and equipment will hold.
- We pay attention. We're always watching for unexpected risks, conditions, or behaviors and we respond quickly to anything that arises.
We worry about anything that can go wrong so that you don't have to. Our safety record speaks for itself and so do our customers. Check out our TripAdvisor reviews for customer after customer expressing how safe they felt during their trip.
There is no additional equipment to rent or costs to worry about when you book a Rock Climbing Trip. Your booking includes:
- Climbing Shoe Rental
- Climbing Harness Rental
- Climbing Helmet Rental
- All gear needed to set up the climbs
- One guide for every 4 to 6 climbers
- 4 hours of expert guiding and instruction
- A variety of climbing routes selected and adjusted for your skill level
Bring with you
To ensure you have the best experience possible, you'll need to bring:
- Appropriate apparel
- Dress for freedom of movement - no tight or restrictive clothing.
- Dress cool and bring an extra layer.
- Closed-toe shoes are required
- Pants are encouraged to protect legs from minor scratches and bug bites
- A water source
- A try-hard attitude
- Part of the appeal of climbing is that it's both difficult and scary. It feels great to overcome these challenges and you'll need to come ready to not give up until you do.
If you're ready to try climbing, we'll make it possible and convenient.